46th Annual IEEE Symposium on
Foundations of Computer Science
October 22-25, 2005
Omni William Penn Hotel, Pittsburgh, PA
- There will be tutorials on Saturday, October 22nd, at the
Carnegie Mellon University campus, in conjunction with
Frieze Fest. These events will be held in
the "University Center", which is location "C" on this map. The schedule is:
- Frieze Fest talks: details below.
Registration required, free till Sep 30th. In particular, please register if you would like lunch provided to you on Saturday.
- 1:30-3:30: Tutorial 1: (McConomy Room)
On the Unique Games Conjecture,
(Chair Irit Dinur)
- 3:30-4:00 break
- 4:00-6:00: Tutorial 2: (Rangos Ballroom)
Algorithmic Techniques and Tools from Computational Geometry,
(Chair Sariel Har-Peled)
Details on traveling from the hotel to the Carnegie Mellon campus are given here.
- There will also be other talks of interest on Friday and Saturday, as part of Frieze Fest 2005, which is a celebration of Alan Frieze's 60th birthday.
Registration is required to attend Frieze Fest. (Free till September 30th.)
- Saturday's talks (complete details here):
- 9:00-10:00: Eli Upfal, Brown University
- 10:00-10:30: Break
- 10:30-11:00: Dimitris Achlioptas, Microsoft Research
- 11:05-11:30: Andrei Broder, IBM
- 11:40-12:15: Richard Karp, University of California at Berkeley